Our client, a fortune 100 technical services company, wanted to outsource onsite technical support, operations and management of their North American data centers to a third party vendor. The third party vendor would be responsible for supporting Media Administration, Asset Inventory Services, Cabling and Hand and Eyes services across 21 centers located throughout the United States and Canada.
Though Insight Global was supporting the client’s North American data centers in a staff augmentation capacity to begin with, we believed we could drive significant value to our client by leveraging our Outsourced Managed Service (“OMS”) methodology. By transforming the program from time and materials to a fixed cost OMS, Insight Global proposed assuming ownership of process standardization, quality of work, efficiency identification and identifying trends in the environment to drive increased value. To support our increased ownership of the program, Insight Global provided Role and Process Subject Matter Experts to provide in-house expertise and quality assurance across all sites and resources.
- Program Management – Dedicated Service Delivery Executive responsible for overseeing the program as well as standardizing and implementing process, procedures and best practices across all sites.
- Sourcing – Insight Global sourced and onboarded over 200 technical resources with professional experience in Asset Management, Hands and Eyes Support, Hardware and Server Support and Cabling and Media Administration.
- Support Team – Provided two (2) dedicated Account Managers to manage twelve (12) site leaders and act as an escalation point for day-to-day operations across all sites.
- Reporting – Provide weekly status reports and quarterly business reviews to highlight individual and team performance and continuous improvement initiatives.
Impact and Key Performance Metrics
- Due to numerous continuous improvement initiatives, Insight Global was able to reduce headcount by 10% and passed the savings directly to our client.
- Insight Global identified > 2M unused cables and interacted with the client to remove them. This effort resulted in a cooling efficiency and drove cost-savings to the client and increased the amount of active usable space throughout the clients data centers.
- Insight Global developed and implemented a comprehensive training program required for all new hires. As a result of this program, the amount of time required for a new hire to be quantifiably productive decreased substantially.