The Cloud and Managed Services (CMS) group within a worldwide leader in hardware and networking services had been expanding its customer base for its Network Operations Centers (NOCs) and was responsible for providing network support services for it’s extensive list of external customers. The rapid expansion increased the need for both highly skilled network engineers and the development of a comprehensive recruiting, onboarding, training and management program for personnel. Despite the increased demand, our client experienced significant issues in both identifying and onboarding new network engineers and training them to be productive in the environment. Additionally, the increased headcount resulted in client leadership committing significant time to performance management.
Our solution focused on remedying three (3) distinct business problems – Time-to-Hire, Time-to-Train and Time-to-Manage. To reduce Time-to-Hire, Insight Global implemented a comprehensive recruiting strategy to quickly identify, screen and onboard new resources. To reduce Time-to-Train, we developed a pre-start training program for all new resources. Finally, to reduce Time-to-Manage, Insight Global provided a Delivery Operations Manager, two Technical Operations Leads and one Reporting Analyst to oversee performance management and all reporting requirements.
- Sourcing – Sourced and screened technical resources to populate individual teams assigned to monitor and support the networks for client’s end-user customer base.
- Onboarding – Developed custom onboarding programs designed to prepare new resources to support specific customers and technologies.
- Operations Management – Provided two Technical Operations Leads with 10+ years experience in managing NOCs to provide guidance, consulting services and oversight.
- Program Management – Provided dedicated Account Managers to drive sourcing. Provided a Delivery Operations Manager to manage the overall service delivery.
Impact and Key Performance Metrics
- Insight Global currently manages over 200 resources and this number continues to grow as we onboard new resources to meet expansion efforts
- Reduced Time-to-Fill from 18 days to 5.1 days.
- Reduced Time-to-Train from 38.5 days to 11 days while maintaining same performance levels.
- As a result of our solution, our client realizes over $500k in cost-savings each year.