The Gas Operations division of a Fortune 500 Utility company had an ongoing initiative to ensure all gas transmission pipelines were accurately represented in the company’s Pipeline Feature List (PFL), Geographic Information System (GIS), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System. At the end of 2015, our client experienced a considerable backlog of projects that were targeted for completion by the end of 2016 as part of their Job Catchup Project. In order to complete this work, our client was in need of a large number of PFL Engineers and GIS Mapping Technicians to start in early 2016 all of whom were to be effectively managed and hosted at their selected supplier’s facility. The Client has also requested services to update and manage their operating databases.
Insight Global was the lone supplier that our client could trust to deliver, host and manage such a large number of resources in a short timespan on serval occasions for multiple projects. Given that our client has very specific and proprietary processes for updating their PFL, GIS and ERP network, we proposed our Enhanced Staffing Solution (ESS) which gave our client the ability to maintain ownership of processes and incoming work while Insight Global focused on staffing, onboarding and performance management.
- Facility – Provided a facility near our client’s office
- Equipment – Provided all equipment and tools necessary
- Sourcing – Have provided 35 Engineers, 20 GIS Mappers and 10 Database Management Specialist for various projects and scopes
- Training – Provided an additional 5 experienced PFL Engineers to serve as leaders and train junior engineers and developed in house training programs
- Reporting – Provided weekly status reports, monthly business reviews and quarterly business reviews to communicate individual and team performance
- Program Management – Dedicated on-site Engineering Program Manager providing daily management and ensuring the services remained aligned with our client’s strategic objectives.
Key Performance Metrics
- Insight Global identified and acquired an 11,000 sqft facility specifically for this engagement within two (2) weeks of SOW execution. The speed with which a facility was stood-up prevented any project delays for this critical and high visibility project with our client’s organization.
- Insight Global became the first supplier to deliver both PFL and GIS services.
- Identified, onboarded and trained 47 resources within two (2) weeks.
- Project Performance has led to two (2) additional projects required similar skills sets and objectives